/by apr/ Here is IMO the top seven fallacies of jPOS applications:
- My single point of failure is very reliable
- My online application is so fast that I can do most of my inherently batch operations in realtime.
- I can trust my RDBMS/Application Server, it has replication/clustering!
- My RDBMS is so fast that it will never be the bottleneck so a caching strategy is not required.
- I don´t need an offline reporting/querying system, I can retain more data and run my reporting and ad-hoc queries against the online database
- Flow and load control are not required, My jPOS application will handle peaks and remote endpoint slowdowns gracefully.
- Automated tests and load tests are not required, we coded the application very carefully.